So many of us have such demanding lives and trying to balance everything can cause stress. Stress at work, in our relationships, money problems or just doing everyday tasks . When you feel stressed, it can get in the way of sorting out these demands. Stress can affect how you feel, think, behave and how your body behaves.
SIGNS OF STRESS:
There are many signs of stress –
- Sleeping problems
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty concentrating
- Feeling anxious
- Low in self esteem
- Muscular tension
UNHEALTHY WAYS TO COPE WITH STRESS:
The more noticeable ways of dealing with stress is drinking more alcohol and drinking more frequently. Over eating or binging on unhealthy fatty or sugary foods. Also some of us under eat and lose our appetites. Not wanting to go with friends or family and withdrawing from daily life. Using drugs to help us feel better or energise us or helps us cope better with what life throws at us.
HEALTHY WAYS TO COPE WITH STRESS
- Listening to music – your favourite band or singer. Relaxing music to chill out to.
- Exercise – yoga, pilates, running, gym, walking, cycling or something you enjoy.
- Meeting with friends – Going out to the cinema, food, drinks or just meeting for a chat.
- Reading – your favourite author, writer or something new and exciting.
- Using aromatherapy oils at home in your bath, on a tissue on your pillow or in an oil diffuser.
- Warm relaxing bath – heat relaxes your muscles and can help ease muscular discomfort.
- Massage – going for a relaxing massage or a deep tissue massage.
- Doing something fun – dancing around the house, going out somewhere new, going for a run or going to a photography class.
- Taking the dog for a walk – walikng is great exercise gives you a sense of calm and relaxation.
- Meditation – stopping what you are doing and just switching off for a while. Or going to a mediation class.
- Me time – Just some time for you to switch off and be on your own.
If you’d like to find out more about this why not pick up the phone to me and call me on 01603 514195 or fill in my contact form.